THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Here's Your Sign.....

Where's Your Store?
So sometimes (most of the time) I do things backwards. I found this awesome store on Etsy called PLAY ON WORDS. Kevin repurposes License Plates into signs, picture frames dust pans among other things and embellishes with barbed wire.  He had the most awesomeness sign "Cowgirl" and it was just my style, so I emailed Kevin and asked if he could make another sign that said "Lazy". Yay me! He said yes.
 
He had the signs to me within a week and they were exactly what I expected. Excellent workmanship. Thank you Kevin. Please visit his shop if you get an opportunity!
 
Onward...... Here's the building I'm trying to lease. It's owned by Placer County (who I work also for, just a different department) and I must say it's been a bit of a headache trying to obtain it.

It doesn't look like much does it? But it's cheap. I think it. They haven't countered my offer yet. It has a large room (perfect workshop) with 2 smaller rooms that will serve as an office and a retail area. A little paint and flooring and my new sign and I'll take the leap. I will certainly be putting lots of money into advertising because it's not the best location.
I'm getting ahead of myself, I need to tell you all about my business plan, my purchases of fixtures, tables, my empty storage unit and of course class ideas and inventory. Whew.
Maybe some of you have noticed on my blog in the upper right hand corner, a area of daily quotes. This was the quote today...... Babe is speaking to me!
Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back.
Babe Ruth
 Thanks for coming along with me on my journey......
Happy Trails,
Kim
 

No comments: