THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Gifts for the Non-scrapper

Hello Peeps....
It's been a while....I'm frantically trying to secure the building I showed in an earlier post but the costs aren't working out. Even though I like the spot because of convenience, I'm finding I can get a much nicer place for less moola. So, I haven't abandoned that idea but if they won't negotiate a better price per square footage then I think I have another place that I really like. More on that in the future.

I have found that when I give "finished" scrapbooks to my friends and family who are non-crafters, the books stay empty. It's easier to put pictures in regular albums for those people. This year, I tried something a little different and I like the results.

I purchased a regular photo album and embellished it. It was so simple, why didn't I think of this sooner???? You can find these albums everywhere, even the Dollar Store.
I actually liked leaving the edge of the book showing.
 
I used three sheets of paper from My Mind's Eye Designer paper. Lots of texture in this paper pack. I adhered the paper with Wonder Tape.  
The embellie and lace is from my stash. I believe I bought it at Michaels. I used 6000 glue for that as it was a little heavier.
 
.
I printed a few quotes and added Distress Ink and adhered them to additional cardstock and placed them throughout the album. I really like putting embellishments on the outside of the photo sleeves, it adds a bit of dimension.
All in all, it took more time to pick out the paper than to put the project together and hopefully it will be more "user friendly" .
Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: