THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Vintage Fun with Cigar Boxes

Hi Everyone!
I hope everyone has great plans for the weekend. I am hoping to finish up my craft table and start in on the new finds I purchased last weekend. OK.....I need to stop buying stuff to re-do, I'm falling behind.
So here's my latest project. Do you know cigar shops will usually give you (or for a small fee) their empty boxes? They are so cool, I hate to cover them up. But I did! I didn't feel THAT bad.

I stamped the swirled images with Versa Mark and used  a coat of UTEE before I distressed the sheet music. I decoupaged the sheets over the entire box and then started adding my fun stuff. Aren't those  some cutie kids? That was a little postcard that was given to me.

I used a ton of Tim Holtz products on this piece such as distress crackle paint, distress inks,grungeboard and Idealogy embellishments. I used Helmar's 450 to attach the handle and the buttons and it held great. In addition, Mod Podge (I'm hung up on it right now) and UTEE and crackle accents along with a bunch of other "stuff". I also entered my project in the Gingersnapcreations Challenge GC119:  Shared Moments and Challenge CCCB#75: Take Note  @ City Crafters.

This shows the Tim Holtz embellishments. I used his buttons and timepieces glued together with Helmars 450 to make the handle on the box. I covered the fleur de lis with distress crackle but I forgot to shake it up. I liked it, then I accidentally tore it and I liked it more. :) The word "home" came from Teresa Collins Thankful line.

Buttons I bought at the bargain bin at the fabric store and again, Tim Holtz grungeboard frame.

It's hard to photograph boxes.

12 comments:

2amscrapper said...

totally delightful! wonderful details! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, this is completely breathtaking!!!

xo
Cindy

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is wonderful! I love the vintage-y, grungy goodness of every detail. Thanks for sharing this with everyone at Gingersnap Creations!

Sue said...

I love your box, so much to see. This is pink with attitude lol x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a beauty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros said...

Such a lovely creation ... love all the details ... thank you so much for sharing it wit us at CCCB

Unknown said...

This is so creative I just love it.. So glad you played along with us at CCCB!

PetraB said...

This is delightful with all the little details. Thank you for playing along with Gingersnap Creations.

cnelson said...

FAbulous! LOVE the vintage look! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic project, love it.

trisha too said...

So cute!! Congratulations on your piece being chosen as a Ginger Gem at Gingersnap Creations!

:)

Kim said...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. And Trisha.... I had no idea! :)