THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sketch Book! The Next Great Idea?????

Happy Day!
As some of you know, I've had a little surgery and I'm recuperating. I hate it! I can't drive or go to work (you'd think I like that part, but nooooo.). So I thought I'd try and get a few projects I've been thinking about done.
 One of my creative goals is to have my own clear stamp line (you all know I love my Stampmaker) and I decided I needed a sketch book. Of course I want to run to the ART store and pick one up but can't. Come on!!!! I have everything here to make my own. What's wrong with me? I need to stop collecting and start creating. I have all these gadgets and just needed to think about what I wanted.
I purchased The Cinch a while ago and only have played with it a little. I must admit when I made the book, I didn't read the instructions for the Cinch and kinda messed up on the binding but what the hey.  

My project list:
  • Basic Grey Cardstock (Motifica line)
  • Core'dinations Cardstock (Burnt Sugar)
  • Crate Paper Phrases (My new fav brand - Check it out)
  • 2 sheets coordinating heavy cardstock
  • Tim Holtz Muse Tokens
        • Plain ol' copy paper
Cut all your cardstock to 8 1/2 x 11 1/2 ( I cut mine too short) and bind the cardstock with the copy paper or... if you don't have the Cinch, just punch some holes to your liking and add jump rings and ribbons. Let's try....... for this project to use whatever we have in our stashes.  I used the burnt sugar and Motifica together for the front and the 2 cardstocks for the back. You want to have a sturdy surface to write on. So I just gathered up some loose embellishments and slapped the front together. Simple Simple Simple



I wanted to give myself some sort of inspiration and I found the phrases from the Crate Paper line I bought not long ago. They are self-adhesive so I just put all of them on every couple of pages and we're done! So simple. I think these books would be great for outline sketches, wish lists, recipe books (my Kitchen Keepsake friends) etc..... I'm going to be making up different sizes and sharing them here. 










When I make my first sketch, I'll share!!!!! I'm on a roll since I can't go spend moola!   

Oh wait.....There's always the Internet!

1 comment:

Gentry said...

What? Can't spend Moola? Magic Bullet? Ninja? HSN? George Foreman Grill? Jack's Juicer? The Knife Channel?

I like that "cincher"! Is it one of those machines that puts binders on a stack of paper? I want one!