THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Busy Busy Busy....

I have been away from the blogging world lately. It seems I say that a lot. My goal is to post at least once a week and that’s not happening so I think I’ll just accept that I’ll post when I can and try to be satisfied!
A couple of things going on….. If you’re heading to the Scrapbook Expo in Pleasanton, Ca this weekend, please stop by the ClearScraps booth. I’ll be there on Friday doing Make n’Takes. If you haven’t worked with Acrylic or even a bit afraid to, you just have to jump in and check it out. Those of you in my area, I’m going to be having a class on the mixable album. I’ll have a few kits available for sale too!
 Boy, I’m being long-winded! If you’re still with me….. Here’s a little project I created for a friend who gave me about ten 1940’s LIFE magazines. They are sooooo cool but oh my, you should read some of these articles. Amazing what they could get away with back then. I'm sharing with Unique Crafters Challenge for March. I'll be a guest Designer there in July!
Close to my Heart kraft card
Tim Holtz trim with Glimmer mist in Juniper
Bo Bunny Gabrielle Flight cardstock
Distress Ink – Tea Dye
acrylic paint – dry brushing

Glimmer Misting the white flowers and tag with Juniper was  a perfect match for the paper.
And the inside.
 AND…… one more thing……. If you’ve read this far…… I’m doing a give-away next week so check back…… I’ll just say “WOW”.

Happy Trails Everyone!





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim
Good to see some art from you and this, well it is so gorgeous.
Yes, I did read to the end and so I cannot wait for news of your Giveaway!
Wishes
Lynne

Redanne said...

Never mind Wow next week, it is WOW this week, this is stunning, love butterflies anyway but this is something else!

scrappymo! said...

Great card...those butterflies are gorgeous!

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful card!! The colors are wonderful.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Lynn said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! And..I love your blog!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Unique Crafters!

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

I'm loving those muted colors. The composition is really quite nice! Love it. Thanks for submitting it to Unique Crafters :D It's lovely.

SandeeNC said...

Making your palm tree? lol Great seeing you there too! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Lynn Stevens said...

What a great vintage look!
Hope your show went well.
hugs Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

Such lovely colors and texture on your card. Love what you have done with the background and butterfly.