THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Quiet Blues and Browns


Hi Everyone!  Even though a chill is in the air and I’ll have a fire tonight, the weather is just beautiful in Lincoln (CA, that is).  I have a family friend who found out some bad news about her health recently and although she is still processing and really would like to be alone, I wanted to send her a card just to let her know I’m thinking of her. I love the blues and browns together. It seems like such a calming color combination.
I started with a Close to My Heart 6x6 diecut card and envelope and painted the top, edges and back with Robin Blue craft paint. Then I used TH distress ink in Tea Dye and antiqued the edges of all the paper. The cardstock and lace on the front is from Fancy Pants-Happy Together Line.  The flower print is a transparency laid over the top of the sentiment.
 
 The butterfly (Jenni Bowlin Studio) was glimmer misted with pearl and juniper and then edged with the tea dye. I used my Glimmer Mist stencil and distress ink to create the flourish. I liked that look.
I used a Bo Bunny cardstock from thier Et Cetera Line and again my stencil and tea dye for the inside of the card and envelope.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.
Kim


3 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, Kim--how gorgeous--and I love your blog!!!
XO
Cindy

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Hi Kim! Your blog page is stunning! It reflects your artistic nature, as evidenced by this beautiful note card.

I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi.

Linsey said...

Hey! Cute blog! Thanks for stopping by farmhouse porch...I hope you'll visit often! I'm following...

♥Linsey