THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's Official!

I'm a scrounge! And I'm proud. But don't tell my kids. I was cleaning Kathryn's room and I found a old pair of tennies and dropped them in the Goodwill Box. Wait just a minute....Goodwill wouldn't want these anyway and what's all that bling? That's the same stuff I BUY at the craft store.

So..... I hunted down my pliers and removed the pearl and rhinestone brads and those cute little black rhinestone crown buckles.
Viola! I have a set of cute little blingy embellishments for free (sort of, I bought her the shoes). Now that I think of it, maybe I should say I have a expensive set of rhinestones.
Keep your mind opened to re-purposing. You may surprise yourself on what you find you can use in creating Art.

Happy Trails and thank you everyone who came over from  Debbiedoos Newbie Party. AND.... A special thanks to Cindy at Whimsical Musings who shared it with everyone so we could connect. It generated a lot of traffic for me. She is so helpful to all us young (Ha!) bloggers.
Kim
.

4 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

This was absolutely BRILLIANT! LOL!! Happily following you back!!! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy Adkins said...

Good girl! LOL I wish I had some in my closet--I'd get out pliers too!
XO
Cin

Queenie Believe said...

Recycle, reuse, re-invent. Its a good thing.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Linda Pekrul said...

You're a girl after my own heart. LOL Love it!