THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cowgirl's Crafty Table

Finally finished. Well, sort of. I’ve finished the top of my craft table. As some of you know, my kids both moved out at the same time to go away to college so I’m turning one of their rooms into a craft/bedroom. I’m still hoping they’ll change their mind.  :) I wanted to somehow show my love for the vintage cowgirl, cowboys, western movies (somehow, I think everyone knows this) and came up with this idea. I had a ton of pics I’ve collected over the years and found more on the internet. 
Can I just say..... This makes me smile.  No one else may like it but it is my pride and joy.

I also just love Roy Rogers. My Dad looks just like him so, of course, I had to have Roy and Dale all over the table too. I was planning on using some sort of resin to cover the top but I think that may not work out. I’m going to have a piece of glass cut and I’ll have a smooth surface to work on.

I spray painted the table with Krylon Barn Red, bought a yard of material for the background and then just started decoupaging all my pictures. I did scan them and print them on photo paper so I didn't ruin the originals I did have.
I wish I could share all the pictures but you might get bored. I can't wait to sit at my craft table and be surrounded by all my favorites.

My favorite Cowboy and Cowgirl. They've been on horses since this age. What was I thinking?




  TRULY, HAPPY TRAILS!


1 comment:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, how amazing are these pictures? Fabulous!!!

XO
Cindy