THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Little Bit of Paris - Gift Box

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you are enjoying a long holiday. It's hot here in Lincoln (finally) and we will be spending time around the pool this afternoon.
I have the opportunity to grow lavender in my cutting garden and I just harvested a ton! But you can purchase lavender at most farmer's markets or craft fairs. I could even mail you some! Just ask.
I wanted to make something so I could share my lavender with my friends so I adapted this box  I saw on Stamp TV here: Seed Box . I thought the box was really cute and when I started to make it, of course, I started changing it up. I went all Frenchy! I used "A bit of Paris" paper line from Three bugs in a Rug, the Magenta Style line (from France) and even my lavender is French.  If you would like my altered patterned just email me and I'll send it to you. :)
Those of you who know me, know I am a gadget girl and so I pulled out all my "gadgets"  and went to town.
BTW....... I used my Helmar 450 glue for this entire project and it was awesome. I created the flower with 450 just by twisting and wrapping and gluing as I went and it stuck. I added a little tiny magnet and small piece of to hold the flap of the box down.
My supplies List:
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Glue
Martha Stewart Score Board
Epiphany Craft Tool (Love this NEW gadget) Check it out.
Patterned paper by Three Bugs in a Rug (A Trip to Paris)
My own Stamp made with Teresa Collins Stampmaker (Thank you so much)
Magenta laser-cut chipboard key and lock
Tsuneko black ink
Crocheted flowers, rhinestones and ribbon, sachet bag
Here's the actual altered patterned paper

I just ran a bead of 450 down the middle of the ribbon and started twisting and attached again with 450 to a circled piece of the patterned paper and voila!




A tiny magnet and piece if metal (again with 450) was hidden behind the lock embellishment.




You can see the ribbon flower, Epiphany button I made and the embellishments here.

The little bag was filled with dried lavender and Thank you tags attached with 450! When you open the box, the fragrance is wonderful.  Très beau!


 



No comments: