THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Monkey!

Good Morning Everyone!
It's Sunday and very quiet around my house so I'm enjoying the little dogs on my lap and a cup of coffee.... BTW, before we get started.... I just bought "Coconut Creme" creamer by Coffemate. Oh my.

My friend Maria's little rascal is turning one soon and so we went to work making these cute invites. She told me her idea and colors she liked. She calls him monkey and wanted a jungle theme.  It was quite the challenge for me since I don't work with these bright colors that much. I just couldn't grasp a good idea in my head so I went to our local craft store and as always...... Something just jumped out at me..... This patterned paper by American Crafts paper line called Margarita. Perfect little jungle leaves. Now you can imagine, it wasn't in the baby section so, here's a hint...... keep your mind open and look around.

Here's is the color pallet and how I think ( a little on the crazy side) My sketch book is really coming in handy and I would recommend one for everyone.

The Supplies:
American Craft Margarita patterned paper
Bazzil Basics in Classic Yellow, Intense Orange
Core'dinations Green Vintage collection
Red, orange, yellow, lime green pigment ink by Colorbox
Creative memories corner rounder
Martha Stewart Scoreboard (Always)
Monkey Stickers by EK Success
Photo's by ......... (I'll get that and and her website soon)

I started with a Standard A2 gatefold card and purchased white envelopes. Since there were 6 kinds of monkeys, I had to rearrange the cards to fit Mason's cute picture. I inked every edge you can think of on all the pieces of paper. I printed the "our little monkey" and attached it to cardstock just started adhering everything together.......
As you can see in this photo, Mason's picture is removable to keep (what? throw away the rest? How dare they?) and the invitation folds out to reveal the details!
AND....... The finished invites (22 of them all together. Whew!)

No comments: