THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Another Box.....

Hi All:
I've been busy checking out all the new stuff that came out @ CHA this week. No, I didn't get to go. :( I am hoping for the winter convention (if the kids' college doesn't drain me). 
I made a cheescake for a friend and I wanted to "wrap it up" nicely. So I made another box..... I'm loving these..... Mind you...... I didn't go into huge detail on the box because it will probably get thrown away. BUT......I love the way the tags turned out. :)
The supplies:
1 12x12 solid card stock
2 12x12 double -sided patterned paper
Cardboard for inside support
Adhesives and embellishments as needed





I had to show off the cheesecake. :)





Top: score @ 3/4" on all sides
Bottom: score @ 1 1/2" on all sides
Cut slits in paper and adhere to create the box.
Cut solid cardstock into 4 - 3" strips and score @ 9" on all pieces. Cut an 1/8" off the long side. I stamped a leaf with white ink to add a little design. Adhere flaps to the inside to create a box. Adhere the box to the bottom patterned paper. Reinforce the bottom with a 9x9 piece of cardboard for support.

The box assembled
I used a patterned paper to embellish the top. The tag was painted with a robin blue acrylic paint and then both tags were distressed with Tim holtz distressed ink (Tea Bag) and then I stamped "wish big", added ribbon and done! The little button was made with my epiphany acrylic button maker.
I hope you all are enjoying a great weekend.


No comments: