THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Friday, April 26, 2013

Reflection

Wow.... As I sit here alone in the dark at 3am (No, I don't sleep much anymore), I'm reflecting on the past six weeks and what I loved, lost,forgotten, failed at and succeeded at since I started this journey. I've cried alot, I've neglected alot, I've learned alot and boy have I made mistakes. But through it all, I've had great support from my friends and family and I thank them dearly. I had a complete breakdown last night over personal stuff and my best friend, Marla was there. Even though she is going through her own life issues, she didn't hesitate to come to the Barn and just listen. I love you for that, Marla!
I don't get to see my mother much and I know she feels it. She visits the Barn as much as she can but has some physical issues we all get from aging and that stops her sometimes.
There are many things I've neglected and I'm trying to find a good life/work/hobby business balance in this craziness. But I'm trying.
On the brighter side (yes there is one), I've met some amazing creative people. They have come into the Barn and have been so supportive, friendly, and forgiving. I treasure you all (even though I can't remember everyone's name) and thank you from the bottom of my heart.
To my friends at my regular job (the one that pays the bills).... I had no idea how excited you all were for me and how you came out to support me. My work has suffered too through this (shhhh, don't tell) and I'm getting back on track now.
I still love it, It's getting busier as the weeks pass. I realize I can't do it all and I have to learn what can wait and what can't (I'm not good at that either). And I've learned I can't please everyone. There's always those who wish me to fail for their own personal reasons and I can feel that from them but Teresa Collins (ya, I just name dropped) told me "Failure is not an option" and I believed her! But sheeesh, I'm tired.
I know this sounds like a pity party but that which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger! I don't regret opening the Barn at all! It's been crazy fun!
I'm learning which hands to shake and which hands to hold in this journey.
Love to you all from Poor Pitiful Pearl! :)

4 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

"All too often our lives can be spread too thin and it becomes important to gather our thoughts and center ourselves to become whole again." Madisyn Taylor

Kim said...

Thank you Kay.... Those words were EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Hugs to Boston!!!!

Von said...

Kim, prayers continue for your endeavours. It surely does take time to sort itself all out but it will happen. In the meantime, be kind to yourself, forgiving of yourself, nurturing of yourself and learn to fly by the seat of your pants til you're a pro. ,-) You can do it and you've got a great support network too from the sounds of it!

SandeeNC said...

That doesn't sound like a pity party to me at all, it sounds like a woman entrepreneur getting her feet wet and learning a whole of things! Keep learning, keep moving forward! You go girl! Thank you so much for stopping my blog, I appreciate YOU more than you know! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥