I wanted to share some pics of my first class. Boy did I learn alot..... :) Wait a sec, "I" was supposed to be teaching this one. We were making this album from the Teresa Collins Freestyle Line. And Freestyle was definitely the theme for the night.
SO I was all prepared with my lesson plan, had all the extra tools, practiced my intro speech, blah, blah, blah. The class was sold out and I was nervous. Everyone showed and we got started. I gave out all my little extras and thanked everyone for being my guinea pigs and then that's when I threw the lesson plan out the window.
What I've learned and maybe this will help others just starting to teach classes.
- Everyone creates at a different pace and unless you have a very specific project with pre-cut stuff, you lose your audience and they won't have a good time. AND.... that's what we here for.
- Once the basic idea is presented and general instructions are given, let everyone go to town with their own creativity.
- Interject tidbits of techniques and help out if you're asked.
- Know that you have beginners and experienced crafters all together and give that special attention where needed.
- My goodness, the most important thing..... RELAX, that's what everyone else is here for.
Thanks Marla for helping me set up and thanks to EVERYONE for helping me through my first class.... I hope they all had a good time..... I already have some ideas for next class. ;) ;)