THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Sunday, April 29, 2012

My First Class

It's another beautiful day in Lincoln. Heading out to the garden to figure out how to get rid of all the snails that are eating my freshly planted veggies. Any ideas? And I was worried about the deer.
I wanted to share some pics of my first class. Boy did I learn alot..... :) Wait a sec, "I" was supposed to be teaching this one. We were making this album from the Teresa Collins Freestyle Line. And Freestyle was definitely the theme for the night.

SO I was all prepared with my lesson plan, had all the extra tools, practiced my intro speech, blah, blah, blah. The class was sold out and I was nervous.  Everyone showed and we got started. I gave out all my little extras and thanked everyone for being my guinea pigs and then that's when I threw the lesson plan out the window.
What I've learned and maybe this will help others just starting to teach classes. 
  1.  Everyone creates at a different pace and unless you have a very specific project with pre-cut stuff, you lose your audience and they won't have a good time. AND.... that's what we here for.
  2. Once the basic idea is presented and general instructions are given, let everyone go to town with their own creativity.  
  3. Interject tidbits of techniques and help out if you're asked.
  4. Know that you have beginners and experienced crafters all together and give that special attention where needed.
  5. My goodness, the most important thing..... RELAX, that's what everyone else is here for.
Everyone made such unique albums, Here are a few.....





Thanks Marla for helping me set up and thanks to EVERYONE for helping me through my first class.... I hope they all had a good time..... I already have some ideas for next class. ;) ;)
Happy Trails,
Kim

     
     

1 comment:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Kim
This looks amazing fun.
Wishes
Lynne