THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Little Notes

Hi Everyone:
I created a cute little note box for one of my submittals to Helmar Adhesives Design Team. Wish me luck. Kinda exciting, huh?
I love my Martha Stewart score board and I was reading the instructions (go figure) and it had a easy way to make boxes. I made mine to hold little notecards because I had them in my "stuff". But this can be a great little gift box or gift card box. Thinking already about an Easter box for truffles or little candies. Let's get started.....
  • My Supply List:
  • Teresa Collins Posh paper, blingage, AND the Stampmaker
  • Prima Flowers
  •  Bazzill Basics - paper flowers, date swirl and flintstone cardstock
  • Queen & Co - silver pearls
  • Recollections - demensional stickers
  • Ranger- Crystal stickles
  • Studio G - mini cards and envelopes                   
If you don't have a score board, get one, they are soooooo handy. Start with 2 8x8 cardstock and score 1 @ 2 and 6. Turn 90 degree and score @ 2 and 6 again. Now the tricky part, you have to score the other by aligning it at 1/16" mark and score @ 2 and 6 1/8", turn 90 degree and do the same. Cut slits in all 4 sides and form box.
   
Decorating the top of the box is just a personal preference, There are a ton of different themes you can do. Can you tell I love this? I used my stampmaker to create this simple "notes" stamp and attached it to the box. It took me 5 minutes create and print the stamp and 5 minutes to make it. It was a simple frame clipart I found in WORD and I liked how it matched the Posh line and then I just picked my font and done! That's how easy the machine is.





I used the scraps I had left over to cover the mini cards ( great find in the bargain bin for $1) and voila! Now..... who to give it to?



1 comment:

Jack said...

This wwas lovely to read