THE BARN

CLOSED
PHONE: (916)390-0511

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Button, Button, Who's got the Button?

Do you remember that game? Am I aging myself? Over at Unique Crafters Challenge this month, we’re having a Button Challenge. Roll on over and join in! I'll be guest designing next month and I'm waiting patiently (HA!) for my packet. On to the challenge. Recently, a friend gave me a ton of buttons and so here we go! Did I mention I'm tired of Pink right now????
I needed some inspiration...... 
My daughter received this vase as a gift and I just loved the bright iridescent colors and the buttons were easy to match up. This little note book is so easy, I'm thinking of making it for a kit class. Took me about 2 hours!
Now, I must say I used all my stash stuff so I don’t know where that pretty paper came from but don’t you love its brightness? The twine is from a kid’s bracelet making kit…. Yep, I use everything.
One thing I did buy though. Have you been to Beverly’s Fabrics and Crafts? They have the coolest buttons there made by Confetti. Again, really bright and retro patterns.
Cute Iridescent  Buttons
A simple cover for the top of the note pad.
I made a simple box for the pencil by scoring the edges and just folding them in. You can bet I'll be making more of these for gifts. Have a great weekend everyone.
Kim



3 comments:

SandeeNC said...

wow, Kim, great job on the note pad, that's soooooo cute! Great job using that stash too, awesome buttons! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Barbie said...

This is so cute and bright!

Kimberly said...

This is awesome...love your colours and design..thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge this month...